Table of Contents
This site is the hub for the games material I have written over the years. I wrote the first pages of my games site in 2000, and I haven't stopped since. I still have an archive of pre-2000 material on paper …
The Legendarium - containing songs, stories and legends written for games, including work by other family members and players.
- Skull & Shackles - my weekly Table Top game.
- The Birthday Game - This table-top game takes place once a year, over the weekend of my wife's birthday, and is my present to her. Our players arrive on Friday night, and we play through until Sunday lunchtime - as we pretend that we are all young again.
- Netherworld - not one of my worlds, but one I help out with.
- The Stolen Land - A Kingmaker variant at RPoL - Closed June 2023 - after seven years play.
John's Consolidated Game World
- The Hann Empire - My consolidated game world.
- The New World - The New Game Area
- Finaroka - New Game area, set outside the empire - building on bits from Skull & Shackles, Kingmaker, colonization of The Americas.
- Religion - The Mythology, Pantheons and Deities of the world.
- Economy - How the economy works - in broad terms.
- House Rules Character Creation, Regional Traits, Building Rules, Ships & Boats.
- Background Material - Rules, Cultures and OOC material.
- Library Documents that support aspects of game play.
- Pathfinder House Rules - The collection of house rules, social settings and house interpretations for games I run.
- Campaign System (Kingdom Building) - Kingdom building rules that incorporate Strongholds, Towns, Businesses, Merchant Houses, Churches and Entourages. The rules, as they stand, players can build large kingdoms and cities very quickly. I would slow them down quite a lot, if I used them in this form again. Written for a Pathfinder game, they should work in most others systems as well.
- Cosmology - how everything fits together.
- directory of characters that I play, or have played in the past.
Classless - A project to work a set of rules for a game, based on D&D, that didn't use character classes. It didn't work out as well as I hoped. The system worked, BUT it didn't feel like D&D. standard_buildings - floor plans for various buildings. They were built for D&D or Pathfinder games - but they should work for most fantasy worlds.
Neverwinter Nights - I worked on a few NWN worlds, most of these never quite got off the ground. I was a developer on Champions of Vidor for quite a while, but that had a bespoke development area on a server that doesn't exist any more.
http://gilar-pw.wikidot.com/ - this was pretty much a solo effort that stayed online for a few months - before NWN2 was released.
Miscellaneous - all the other games stuff I have worked on - including languages, gambling games and other such things.