The Southern Region
The Southern Regional Federation is the group of Brevic Colonies to the south Brevoy. Initially they were a single colony, but a series of political moves (by the Great Houses of Brevoy) split them into three separate territories. However, they have agreed to work together so that they can all prosper. The federated states are:-
- Business and Organisations - Those businesses and organisations that can be found across the whole region
- Midmarch - The original settlement in the region - now a rural province with market towns and wilderness areas.
- Greater Tusk - An independent city and the region's commercial capital.
- Old Keep - A brand-new wilderness holding that is still to find its feet.
The Three Commonalities operate at the regional level, and help co-ordinate activities between the federated states.
- Southern Law: based on the Lex Gasgana and modified by common consent, Southern Law holds across the whole federated region, and can be enforced across borders by members of the Southern Chapter.
- The Southern Chapter: A combined Chapter of the Brevic Knights, representing Tusk, Midmarch and Old Keep, charged with defending the region and supporting regional law. Its headquarters are in Tusk. Just about everyone, who has any status, is a member of some sort.
- The Southern Religious Forum: Meetings are open to all priests and religious representatives from across the region. It makes recommendations of religious matters, and has its headquarters at Kunlun in Midmarch.